For years, I’ve drooled over the Joan of Arctic boots by Sorel — so no one was more surprised than me that when I finally pulled the trigger and made a purchase, I decided to go for the shorter, more serious boots pictured here, the Caribou. I ultimately liked that they were wearable with different kinds of pants (skinny, cropped, boyfriend), while the taller Joan of Arctic boots would look best with leggings or skirts. Note to mamas considering these for playing in the snow with your kiddos: they’re heav-y (and very, very warm). If this is a problem for you, the Winter Carnival boots are almost identical, but instead of the suede upper, they have waterproof nylon. As a result they’re much more lightweight, but also less warm. (As it turned out, I’d ordered size 9 in the Winter Carnival and size 8.5 in the Caribou, and decided the 8.5s fit better — I probably would have kept the Winter Carnival instead if all things had been equal.) Sorel Caribou Boot
- The Mom Voice: On the Playground — and at the Office?
- Activity Scheduling Tips for Moms: How to Easily Plan Summer Schedules and Beyond
- How to Level Up Your Childcare/Personal Help (When Money is No Object)
- What to Wear to Work After Maternity Leave
- Why You Shouldn’t Buy a Fancy Diaper Bag When You Find Out You’re Pregnant
- How to Share Emotional Labor as Parents (AKA, How to Get Your Partner To Care About the Little Stuff That Keeps You Up At Night)
- How to Save Money on Baby Gear
- The Best Gifts for Kids with Too Many Toys
- Do, Delegate, NOPE: Holiday Edition
- Seasonal Decor — and Working Moms
Connect With Us!
Never miss an update -- sign up for the CorporetteMoms newsletter (and get a free eBook on dressing professionally during your pregnancy!)