This post may contain affiliate links and CorporetteMoms may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Sure, we all know what wardrobe essentials for work professional women are supposed to have in their closets, but if you’re buying one for the first time or replacing one you’ve worn into the ground, it can be a pain to find exactly the right incarnation in stores. (It’s even harder if you’re seeking maternity workwear essentials!) In “The Hunt,” we search the stores for a basic item that every woman should have.
Hunting for great weatherproof knee-high boots for work, your commute, and weekends? After all, when your kids get into puddles you can’t be too worried about your own shoes. These are some of our favorite weatherproof boots for work that are knee high — great for leggings, tights, and more.
We just did a roundup for the best black knee-high boots on Corporette and decided we’d do a special roundup for weatherproof knee-high boots here!
These Sofft boots are waterproof and come in a zillion different colors and fabrics. I like that the laces make them adjustable, but there’s also an inside zip — and this boot has been around for years.
We’re picturing the flat option above, but there are some available with a slightly higher heel.
Another nice option from Sofft if you’re not a fan of the laces: the Samantha boot.
These boots aren’t leather — they’re clearly rain boots! — but they look sleek enough to work on your commute and even possibly to a post-work networking event. Plus, Hunter are the OG boots.
The Aquadiva brand is new to me, but Nordstrom has a TON of highly rated boots that are weatherproof boots.
The pictured one is $295, and they note that it has a full-length side and back zippers and a stretchy shaft.
La Canadienne boots are always splurgeworthy because they’re experts in waterproofing — and these tall, sophisticated flat boots have 465 glowing reviews at Zappos.
I like that they come in three width options, are waterproof, and are available in black leather, black suede, and espresso suede. Nice! They’re $525.
Sales of note for 12.5.23…
(See all of the latest workwear sales at Corporette!)
- Nordstrom – Holiday sale up to 50% off; 5x the points on beauty for a limited time
- Ann Taylor – 40% off your purchase & extra 15% off sweaters
- Banana Republic – Up to 40% off select styles; up to 40% off sale styles
- Banana Republic Factory – 50% off everything & extra 20% off purchase
- Eloquii – Extra 60% off all sale
- J.Crew – 40% off your purchase with code
- Lands’ End – Up to 70% off everything; free shipping (readers love the cashmere)
- Loft – 50% off your purchase with code (ends 12/5)
- Summersalt – Up to 60% off select styles & free scarf with orders $125+ (this reader-favorite sweater blazer is down to $75)
- Talbots – 40% off your regular-price purchase; extra 50% off all markdowns
- Zappos – 34,000+ women’s sale items! Check out these reader-favorite workwear brands on sale, and some of our favorite kid shoe brands on sale.
- Crate&kids – Free shipping sitewide; up to 50% off toy + gift event; free monogramming for a limited time only (order by 12/15)
- J.Crew Crewcuts – 40% off your purchase with code
- Pottery Barn Kids – Up to 50% off toys, furniture & gifts
- Graco – Holiday savings up to 35% off; sign up for texts for 20% off full-price item
- Walmart – Up to 25% off top baby gifts; big savings on Delta, Graco, VTech, Fisher-Price & more
See some of our latest articles on CorporetteMoms:
And — here are some of our latest threadjacks of interest – working mom questions asked by the commenters!
- If you’re a working parent of an infant with low sleep needs, how do you function at work when you’re in the throes of baby’s sleep regression?
- Should I cut my childcare down to 12 hours a month if I work from home?
- Will my baby have speech delays if we raise her bilingual?
- Has anyone given birth in a teaching hospital?
- My child eats everything, and my friends’ kids do not – how should I handle? In general, what is the best way to handle when your child has some skill/ability and your friend’s child doesn’t have that skill/ability?
- ADHD moms, give me your tips to help with things like behavior in the classroom, attention to detail, etc?
- I think I suffer from mom rage…
- My husband and kids are gone this weekend – how should I enjoy my free time?
- I’m struggling to be compassionate with a SAHM friend who complains she doesn’t have enough hours of childcare.
- If you exclusively formula fed, what tips do you have for in the hospital and coming home?
- Could I take my 4-yo and 8-yo on a 7-8 day trip to Paris, Lyon, and Madrid?