2019 Update: If you’re hunting for the best maternity blogs for working moms to be, we still stand by almost all of these resources — the few that are no longer around are noted in the text. In the meantime, we’re working on updating it — which were your favorites? Do share…
I’ve already rounded up some of my favorite pregnancy books — but it took me longer to find blogs, newsletters, and other resources to help me with the lifestyle changes that were coming. These are some of my favorite, must-read resources — some for maternity/mom fashion, some for registry prep, and some for just general working-mom-lifestyle thoughts. Readers, which resources have you found to help you through this life transition?
- BabyCenter – Put in your due date, get a weekly email telling you how your baby is growing. The site has other helpful resources, like a pregnancy weight-gain tracker (should you dare).
- Baby Bargains – This is a great book (affiliate link) as you’re setting up your registry and nursery — be sure to get the latest edition. There are reviews on specific products, stores, even the registry process — and the authors are very up-to-date on the latest product recalls. (The website offers additional information and tools, most available at no charge.)
- Baby Cheapskate – Great deals! I’m particularly a huge fan of her “toys that actually get played with” lists, updated regularly.
- Hellobee – Multiple mamas blog about their experiences. There are SAHMs, WAHMs, WOHMs… There’s also a great forum section filled with smart ladies.
- Lucie’s List – I only found this one during my second pregnancy, but her week-by-week emails are super helpful to give you the real mom’s approach to pregnancy issues and registry issues.
- The Mom Edit (formerly Ain’t No Mom Jeans) – The bloggers here are mostly past the baby years, but there are still some great posts in maternity/postpartum fashion in the archives. The fashion aesthetic is much more casual, but it’s fun to see real mamas putting kid-friendly looks together with a laid-back approach.
- Motherlode – The NYT’s blog — excellent.
- PopSugar Moms – I liked the news roundups here the best.
- Pregnant Fashionista – 2019 Update: Sadly, this blog is no more! It was a fabulous resource — a very fashion-focused approach to pregnancy. The lawyer author of this blog had a great eye, a rich taste, and details on all of the haute lines of maternity wear. She bore four children in six years, so she definitely knew her stuff.
- Working Mother – I started getting this magazine before I was pregnant, and highly recommend it to every working mother.
Readers, which favorite blogs, newsletters, and more have you found to help you through your early motherhood planning?
Admin note: This post was originally published in 2014, but updated in 2019; the date of the post was also updated to allow newer visitors to comment on it.