Something on your mind? Chat about it here. Find these features below:
– Maternity reccs for this week (Apr. 25, 2014)
– Working mama news roundup
– In case you missed it on Corporette…
Isabella Oliver Ruched Dress ($79) / Gap Demi Panel Perfect Trouser Pants, $59.95 (take another 35% off today with code CLOCK)/ Gabriella Rocha Ginger 1.75″ Heel ($65) / Adia Kibur Stone Bib Necklace ($72) (or click on the images above)
Above, some of our first weekly recommendations for maternity style! As explained in our eBook, A Guide to Dressing Professionally While Pregnant, statement necklaces and comfortable, supportive shoes are a must. Get the book for free by signing up for our newsletter!
Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
- The NY Post prints one working mother’s response to Gwyneth Paltrow’s recent comments about how easy it is to have an office job and be a working parent.
- Working Mother looks at the real cost of child care (and the career costs of staying home).
- Hellobee looks at pumping essentials for WOHMs.
- Jennifer Senior, author of All Joy and No Fun, recently gave an 18-minute speech for TED about how for parents, happiness is a very high bar.
- Should you delay clamping the umbilical cord? The NYT reports on a new study. They also report on an alarming surge in prescribing opioid painkillers for pregnant women.
- Business Insider tells you nine things you probably didn’t know about 529 plans.
- On the very casual side of things, Ain’t No Mom Jeans suggests three spring transition outfits for nursing/postpartum mamas.