- In the NYT’s Motherlode blog, Lynn Messina wonders about the effects of the “boys will be boys” mindset — i.e., boys are wild, boisterous, etc. — on our daughters.
- After our discussion of vanity after kids on Wednesday, it was interesting to read Already Pretty’s post on why caring about your appearance is valuable to self-care.
- Working Mother tells you how to eke out some flex time — even in a corporate gig.
- Bloomberg Businessweek tells us how to regain the hours of 9-11 p.m. for ourselves (and stop working in the evenings).
- If anyone reading is in the “caregiving daughter” stage of your parents’ lives, Hello Ladies’ list of what to bring with you may be helpful.
- I never thought I’d heard Julia Roberts recommend a crockpot, and yet… she and other celebrity moms have some great advice for new mom Savannah Guthrie, co-host of NBC’s Today Show (and Kat’s old writing teacher at Georgetown University Law Center).
Make sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…