I have a trick for how to store kids’ gloves and hats (and their backups) — and I found it by accident.
We had one of these shoe organizers hanging in our hall closet and it wasn’t getting a ton of use for shoes. One day, I cleaned it out and vowed to only put the shoes we had worn recently there — and after a few days found that instead I was sticking all of my son’s little hats, gloves, and other things there instead since there was no great place to put them and they were always underfoot and right by the door.
I’ve since made it official: I got out my label maker and labeled each “column” with our names, and because they’re clear you can see the contents pretty easily.
I stick: winter hats, gloves, sunglasses, lip balm, sunscreen, extra mitten clips, and all those other little things you always need right before you run out the door.
(Psst: this is the BEST lip balm when your kids have crazy chapped lips)
This pictured shoe organizer is $8.99, eligible for Prime, at Amazon. Whitmor Crystal Clear Over The Door Shoe Organizer
Update: We’re adding this solution to our CorporetteMoms Hall of Fame because we still love this solution, there are a ton of products like this still being sold in stores!
This post contains affiliate links and CorporetteMoms may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Sales of Note…
(See all of the latest workwear sales at Corporette!)
- Nordstrom – Dresses, sweaters, boots, and more, up to 60% off!
- Ann Taylor – Up to 60% off sale styles; $50 off full-price jackets, outerwear & shoes with code
- Banana Republic Factory – 40% off everything plus extra 15% off purchase
- Brooks Brothers – End of season sale, up to 70% off
- Dermstore – Last chance sale (through 1/31) – take an EXTRA 10% off existing markdowns (including the ones 50% off) with code
- Eloquii – 50% off select styles; extra 50% off all sale
- J.Crew – 30% off your purchase
- J.Crew Factory – 40% off the vacation shop; 50% off sweaters & sweatshirts
- Lands’ End – Up to 60% off your order
- Talbots – End of Season Clearance: Extra 60% off markdowns
- Zappos – 21,000+ sale items (for women)! Check out these reader-favorite workwear brands on sale, and some of our favorite kid shoe brands on sale.
See some of our latest articles on CorporetteMoms:
And — here are some of our latest threadjacks of interest – working mom questions asked by the commenters!
- What are some family vacation ideas from NYC?
- I WFH and feel like a pseudo SAHM — how can I offload some of the parental things?
- Does anyone have any tricks for how to deal with morning sickness? (I’m already on the meds.)
- My baby just tested positive for Covid – right before I was going to fly across the country to give two big talks.
- Camp signups just opened – I HATE having to have my whole summer planned in January.
- Here are 6 food-related life-with-children hacks…
- I’m putting together my baby registry – what are your baby or toddler must-haves?
- How often do you travel with your spouse without kids?