This post may contain affiliate links and CorporetteMoms may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
- Parents reported on the Support Through Loss Act, which was introduced on October 26 in the Senate and House and would offer paid leave for pregnancy loss and other family-building losses.
- The Washington Post spoke to a professor of psychology and neuroscience about the decline of independent activity as a potential primary factor in the mental health crisis among children.
- STAT News shared that the American Society for Reproductive Medicine changed its definition of infertility to include LGBTQ+ and single people.
- CBS News reported that after backlash, Scholastic is reversing a decision to allow school districts to exclude books that deal with race, LGBTQ+ issues, and other topics related to diversity.
- Parents explained how to involve older children in your baby’s birth.
- Romper shared 12 fun ideas for pumpkin carving (in varying degrees of difficulty!).
- The New York Times talked to several experts from privacy organizations who are concerned about the messages that the Elf on the Shelf gives to kids.
- Your Laugh of the Week comes from The Belladonna, with “Pumpkin Carving with Kids Bingo.”
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We shared three great books about work-life balance.
- We rounded up statement winter coats for work.
- We looked back at past Corporette posts, including office holiday parties and how to find anything worn in TV and movies.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!