Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
- The 19th reported that the Biden administration has released a plan to invest in more midwives to address the maternal health crisis.
- Romper listed the midterm ballot measures that will benefit families.
- InsideHook shared details from a recent study that found that fatherhood triggers sweeping neurobiological changes in the brain. (A few years ago, we discussed how a new mom’s brain changes.)
- The Washington Post answered a reader question about how to handle your kids’ whining.
- Parents offered tips on saving money on family travel this holiday season.
- Vox spoke to experts about how to talk to your kids about mistakes you’ve made in your past — and the ones you make today.
- NBC News looked at the psychological consequences faced by kids whose parents’ videos of them go viral.
- WIRED explored the value of anti-bullying apps.
- Your Laugh of the Week comes from McSweeney’s, with “A Parent’s Typical Day, As Envisioned By My Child’s Preschool.”
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We shared a Personal Money Snapshot from a Biglaw attorney in NYC.
- We highlighted readers’ favorite workwear finds from October.
- We talked about whether crop tops are ever acceptable at work.
- We daydreamed about what we’d do if we won the $2 billion Powerball jackpot.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!