Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
- The 19th shared how the baby formula shortage disproportionally hurts low-wage families.
- Meanwhile, Vox detailed how breastfeeding really isn’t “free,” and The Washington Post looked at breast milk banks.
- Romper provided information on postpartum blood clots.
- ProPublica observed that Mississippi — the state that passed the law that likely will lead to the nullification of Roe v. Wade — also does the least to provide health care coverage to low-income parents.
- InStyle noted that the majority of women who have abortions are already mothers.
- The Wall Street Journal looked at how teenage babysitters are commanding a lot more money lately.
- The Washington Post explained why we need to stop politicizing children’s mental health [CW: mentions of suicide].
- Parents offered tips on helping your kids avoid perfectionism.
- Your Laugh of the Week comes from SNL, with “Old Enough: Long-Term Boyfriends!“
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We shared readers’ most-bought items from April 2022.
- We asked readers what jewelry they wear to the office.
- We looked back at past Corporette posts, including our best tips for summer associates and where to buy the best plus-size dresses for work.
- We rounded up the best vegan shoe and accessory brands.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to [email protected]. Thank you!