Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
- The Washington Post published a powerful essay on the unreasonable expectations of American motherhood.
- Lifehacker advised how to cut down your kids’ screen time as we start to go “back to normal.”
- The New York Times detailed what the Delta variant of COVID-19 means for kids and parents right now.
- CNN looked at what vaccinated parents with unvaccinated kids should be doing to stay safe.
- CNBC noted that to raise a kid with high self-esteem, it helps to use “repetition and ritual.”
- Scary Mommy shared advice on summer reading from teachers and children’s book authors.
- Parents explained how to teach kids about Juneteenth.
- Romper shared an essay by a mom about why the end of this school year feels so important.
- NPR reported that the Girl Scouts have 15 million (!) boxes of unsold cookies this year.
- Your Laugh of the Week comes from Points in Case, with “Quiz: Did You Take Drugs from a Sketchy Dude in a Bathroom or Are You a New Parent?”
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- A marketing professional in a HCOL area shared her Personal Money Snapshot.
- Readers shared how much they spent on their weddings.
- We explained how to prepare for 1L year.
- Kat and readers shared their best decluttering advice.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to [email protected]. Thank you!