Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
- Working Mother highlighted a Twitter thread by an associate professor of epidemiology who pointed out that the school reopening debate has “an undercurrent of misogyny” that works against working moms and teachers.
- CNN reported that Accenture is partnering with The Mom Project to hire 150 mothers for positions in Chicago that will offer flexibility, support, training, and mentorship.
- Elle talked to Jennifer Carroll Foy, a public defender and mother of twins in Virginia who is running to be the nation’s first Black woman governor.
- The Guardian looked at the risks of passing on contamination from PFAS (perfluoroalkyl substances, often referred to as “forever chemicals”) through breastfeeding.
- Meanwhile, Today’s Parent listed seven foods that can boost your milk supply.
- Parents explained how to teach kids to stand up for themselves.
- Reviewed recommended 12 sustainable, organic baby clothing brands.
- Healthline rounded up the best pregnancy podcasts.
- Your Laugh of the Week comes from The New York Times, with “An Unofficial Ranking of the 10 Most Annoying Kids’ Toys.”
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We talked about morning routines.
- We took a look back at past Corporette posts, including the best leggings to wear with skirts and online-only beauty brands readers love.
- We asked readers for their delegating tips.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!