Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
Coronavirus-Related News & Resources
- USA Today stated that a COVID-19 vaccine won’t be available for children anytime soon.
- TIME reported that kindergarten enrollment has declined in many districts across the country this year.
- BuzzFeed News explained how the pandemic has exacerbated the gender divide in household labor.
- The New York Times recommended how to turn your home into the best classroom it can be.
In Other News…
- Refinery29 asked, “What does it take to get plus-size swimwear right?”
- Fast Company offered five good reasons to get out of your comfort zone — at work and beyond.
- At The Washington Post, On Parenting editor Amy Joyce wrote about why Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was a role model for working moms. (This week’s Corporette news update has several more RBG links.)
- Vox’s The Goods explained why dumbbells are so expensive right now.
- Apartment Therapy noted that after receiving many requests from kids, LEGO has announced it will transition the plastic bags in its kits with recyclable paper packaging within the next five years.
- Today’s Parent suggested what to do when your kid comes home with uneaten school lunches.
- Triathlete explained why some tween girls drop of out of sports.
- Your Laugh of the Week is from McSweeney’s: “Captions from My Parents’ Museum of Conceptual Art.”
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We rounded up four eco-friendly, zero-waste cleaning products.
- We talked about the differences between LinkedIn and your resume.
- We discussed how to make an outfit look more put together.
- We asked about little purchases readers have made and loved.