Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
- Refinery29 offered 8 beauty gifts for giving — or for treating yourself.
- The Cut interviewed a CEO who left finance to focus on clean beauty — including her own beauty suggestions.
- Motherly discussed whether CBD-based products are safe for pregnant and nursing mothers.
- Forbes suggested how employers should respectfully address working parents.
- Forbes also reported that 59% of working parents have to cut back on essentials due to the costs of childcare.
- Fast Company shared Apple’s new policy for new parents returning to work.
- Huffington Post explored Sen. Kamala Harris’ proposal for a longer school day to help working parents.
- Parents explained what led a mom who was always the “default parent” — even when she was at work and her husband was at home with the kids — to get her husband to step up.
- NYT Parenting shared actress Casey Wilson’s account of what it was like before she and her son’s doctors figured out why her toddler was tired all the time.
- Slate asked why there are so many feminist baby books, and if very young children can understand their messages.
- The Washington Post warned parents of the dangers of knockoff car seats.
- For your WTF of the Week: Working Mother reported why a mom went viral after she called out a photographer who offered to retouch children’s school photos.
- For your Laugh of the Week: McSweeney’s shared an 11-month-old baby’s discrimination complaint filed with HR.
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We took a look into the Corporette time capsule.
- We discussed with readers, do you keep a failure resume?
- We asked readers, what’s your favorite paper planner?
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!