Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
- The Strategist offered options for anti-aging creams.
- Refinery 29 provided a dozen of the best nursing bras.
- The New York Times discussed how the field of medicine offers a work-life balance. Meanwhile, Vice countered that article, expressing that family-friendly professions for women are a myth.
- Forbes suggested women who take charge of their finances are better positioned to succeed in their careers.
- The Washington Post shared an oral history of Sen. John McCain and a staffer’s role in passing the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993.
- The Washington Post also suggested the start of a new school year as a good time for a reset on your family life.
- Huffington Post shared how to raise a child who will stand up for others.
- Motherly suggested that a Bachelor star’s comment about postpartum sex sheds light on a common issue for millennial moms.
- Moms explained a new social media trend: photos of children on the last day of daycare before moving on to kindergarten.
- CBS reported that several Contigo water bottles designed for kids have been recalled.
- For your Laugh of the Week: McSweeney’s offered a quiz on parenting a toddler vs. attending Burning Man.
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We asked readers for the best places to buy furniture.
- We continued our series, The Money Snapshot, with a 33-year-old engineer who lives on the Gulf Coast.
- We discussed alcohol in the office: yea or nay?
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to email@example.com. Thank you!