Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
- Who What Wear offered fashion tips from 33 women from age 16 to 89.
- Elle reported that women are seeking procedures to undo the effects of fillers to have a more “natural” face.
- Fast Company explained how and why Beautycon, a massive convention for the makeup and beauty industry, has evolved beyond cosmetics.
- Harvard Business Review‘s podcast featured Daisy Dowling, founder and CEO of Workparent, who discussed her HBR article, “A Working Parent’s Survival Guide.”
- Working Mother shared a Patagonia VP’s viral comment about the “huge” ROI for companies with onsite childcare.
- Quartz examined why the “pregnancy penalty” continues to exist for women seeking new employment and starting their own businesses.
- BBC Worklife discussed the pros and cons of a shorter workweek.
- NPR provided advice for privacy rights of children when their parents post content about them on the Internet.
- Slate pondered whether leashes for children are a good idea.
- Motherly offered some household organizing tips from Clea Shearer and Joanna Teplin of “The Home Edit.”
- TechCrunch reported on the controversy surrounding a new WeightWatchers-backed healthy eating app for kids.
- For your Laugh of the Week: Southern Living shared how a group of Florida moms celebrated back-to-school.
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We shared some of our favorite underrated movies.
- We took a look back in the Corporette time capsule.
- We continued our series The Hunt with our picks for stylish backpacks for work.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to email@example.com. Thank you!