Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
- Who What Wear provided some fall fashion inspo from around the world.
- Fashionista explained how injectables and fillers are becoming a new trend in self-care.
- The Wall Street Journal reviewed 50 facial sunscreens.
- Working Mother shared how the latest activity-tracking technology could adversely affect working parents.
- Motherly reported that childcare costs for working parents continue to rise.
- Quartz at Work offered three strategies for women to get the job they really want.
- The Washington Post offered an example of the impact of paternity leave on a family’s dynamics.
- The Washington Post also provided a perspective of a sober parent in the middle of “wine mom” culture.
- The Cut profiled Friends creator Marta Kauffman on how she manages work in Hollywood and being a working mom.
- Vice reported that nurses often tell women in labor to hold in their babies until a doctor is available (and sometimes even push against a baby’s head to prevent her from being born!).
- Huffington Post shared that Target will be offering adaptive Halloween costumes for children with disabilities.
- For your Laugh of the Week: McSweeney’s considered what Ernest Hemingway would write as a parenting blogger.
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- In our latest edition of Tales from the Wallet, we discussed how readers talk to their partners about money.
- Kat shared why she loves having dual monitors.
- We discussed our favorite and least favorite fashion trends of 2019.
- We offered office gadgets that make your life better.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!