Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
- Refinery29 analyzed the responses to Nike’s use of plus-sized mannequins at a London store.
- Fashionista explored the connection between mental health and skin issues.
- InStyle offered a look inside the world of #repliKate, women who dress just like working mother Kate Middleton, including a D.C.-area lawyer. Meanwhile, the designer for new mom Meghan Markle chatted with The New York Times.
- The New York Times also launched The Working Woman’s Handbook.
- Motherly discussed their recent study about invisible labor and burnout among moms.
- WAMU explained why, despite the rising costs of childcare, providers are also struggling.
- Working Mother reported the results of a new study that found more than half of parents are sacrificing pay in order to cover their summer childcare.
- Working Mother also shared a new way to rent a neighbor’s pool or rent out your own. (While it sounds like a fun idea, at least one of the lawyers on our editorial team has concerns about renting a pool to or from strangers…)
- Women’s Health shared how a mom discovered her child had sepsis after a fall — and saved his life.
- Scary Mommy offered some tips if your child might be allergic to ingredients in sunscreen.
- For your Laugh of the Week: Scary Mommy shared a very important PSA on Instagram about why you should check your child’s backpack now — and not wait until school is back in a few months. You’re welcome.
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We asked if readers eat the same food all the time.
- In this week’s edition of The Money Snapshot, we featured a 38-year-old CPA in Arizona with a side gig.
- We continued The Hunt with stylish white blazers for work.
- Kat shared her Lazy Guide to Social Media as part of an occasional series of blogging tips.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!