Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
- Motherly reminded us we don’t all have to look like Meghan Markle in her postpartum photos.
- Business Insider suggested that successful children have parents who played eight different roles in their lives.
- Quartz at Work offered advice to remember everyone’s name at a meeting as a trick to look smart(er).
- The Huffington Post shared Hillary Duff’s honest take on deciding to quit breastfeeding her six-month-old due to the stresses of pumping at work.
- The Today Show reported that Kraft will reimburse moms up to $100 for childcare on Mother’s Day.
- Vox shared what happened to the “queen of the mommy bloggers” — who once had 8.5 million readers.
- Vox also explained why women are often the ones who take on the responsibility of making their households more sustainable.
- The Washington Post asked readers to define motherhood in 100 words or fewer.
- Food & Wine provided Mother’s Day deals at national chains.
- The New York Times considered what “good dads” can get away with.
- Motherly suggested what moms need to know about CBD oil.
- Recipes of the Week: The Washington Post shared seven dishes to celebrate Mother’s Day.
- For your Laugh of the Week: Following the royal birth of Archie this week, Working Mother offered other examples of when pop culture ruined unique baby names.
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We discussed how many hours per week make you the most productive.
- We shared gift ideas for Mother’s Day, including staff and reader favorites.
- We asked readers how much they spend on fitness.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!