Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
- Town & Country explained why a Los Angeles lawyer sent Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg the necklace RBG is wearing in her latest official portrait.
- Working Mother shared stories of some of the kids who were at the U.S. Capitol on Thursday when their moms were sworn into the 116th Congress.
- Fashionista reported on the latest trends for customer loyalty programs.
- Fashionista also reviewed an ice roller for under-eye skin.
- Insider listed 10 skincare trends you should avoid, according to dermatologists. (The ice roller mentioned above isn’t one of them.)
- Motherly reported on Washington state’s new family leave law that will include paid time off. Late last year, CNBC reported about the benefits of paid family leave, including other states that require it.
- Harvard Business Review provided advice on what to do if you think your career is stalled and you’re not sure why.
- The New York Times reported why modern parenting is more expensive and time consuming than in the past.
- Medium shared a roundup of 13 working mothers and their “invisible sacrifices.” (Article is from September but still worth a read.)
- Working Mother also explained why grandparents should go through a car seat bootcamp.
- People shared celebrity parents’ New Year’s resolutions.
- For your Laugh of the Week: Scary Mommy shared a few New Year’s anti-resolutions. (The post is from a couple years ago, but still relevant for 2019.)
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We discussed things all professional women should know how to do.
- We shared our top posts of 2018.
- We offered a roundup of posts about New Year’s resolutions.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!