Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
- Forbes profiled a former fashion exec who started a new line for kids, Miles and Milan, and has advice for other working moms.
- Fashionista shared the best masks for chapped lips.
- Quartz at Work shared the latest perks for working parents.
- The Atlantic outlined common struggles of mothers who work for television news.
- The Careerist explored why women are (secretly?) cheering the recent demise of Sheryl Sandberg’s reputation — and whether it also means the end of the Lean-In.
- Meanwhile, Working Mother shared Michelle Obama’s candid thoughts about Lean-In from a stop on her Becoming book tour.
- Quartz explained why the science behind breastfeeding is so controversial.
- MarketWatch reported that a 7-year-old earns as much as a former Wall Street boss — by playing with toys on YouTube.
- The Washington Post explained that timeouts can be helpful when used correctly.
- Romper suggested 26 new Christmas books for kids.
- Parents reminded us to slow down and feel the joy.
- Recipe of the Week: If you want to impress your holiday party guests or hosts this month, Food Network shared a cannoli recipe we’re curious to try. (Or you can just pick up a box if you happen to be near an Italian bakery.)
- For your Laugh of the Week: McSweeney’s shared tips for a successful marriage.
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We asked, what things do you own that you heartily recommend as gift ideas?
- We discussed what to wear to work from home.
- We considered the boundaries of appropriate touch in the workplace.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!