- The Strategist shares the best toys and gifts for kids on Kickstarter, according to Kickstarter.
- The New York Times shares a mom’s opinion about screens: “I have even made peace with our love of poor-quality screen time, so long as we are still doing the other things that make up a good life.”
- NPR offers a reading list for your woke kid.
- The Cut shares a list of “eight great books to read while you’re stuck nursing.”
- Mommyish reports that parents are furious with the mom who complained about another family’s use of iPads at a restaurant in an open letter.
- The Washington Post shares how a lawyer and mom copes with knowing her children will sometimes ask for her nanny instead of her.
- GOOD Sports reports that South Carolina’s Youth Soccer Association has launched “Silent September,” banning parents from cheering or jeering from the sidelines.
- Scary Mommy asks that commenters “Please be kind or kindly zip your lips.”
- NPR reports that beachgoers formed a human chain that saved a family that was caught in a riptide in Florida.
- Recipe of the Week: Kat recommends these pizza recipes from Flatout Bread.
- Laugh of the Week: The Onion shares some essentials you should take on your next beach outing.
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- Kat shared her top picks for workwear in the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.
- Kat and readers shared when they do or do not dip into an emergency fund.
- Kat offered tips for how to shop for clothes while losing weight.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to email@example.com. Thank you!