- Buzzfeed profiles a “tiny Picasso,” including her artwork, shown here.
- The New York Times offers advice for helping children grieve the loss of a pet.
- Parents shares 10 ways for busy moms to find harmony even when they only have a few minutes, including apps, scents, and music therapy.
- Scary Mommy explains “how to name your baby in peace,” even while others are not-so-silently judging you.
- The Washington Post reports that a Colorado father is trying to ban preteens from owning smartphones.
- New York magazine’s Vulture explains why kids are getting into comic books aimed at them.
- Doctor Kate addresses parents’ internet-induced fears of “dry drowning,” which is often described incorrectly.
- At a recent speech, the BBC reports, an educational leader advised that “girls should be encouraged to take the sorts of risks boys were more likely to take,” but “they should also be taught to say no and not always be willing to please.”
- Café Mom explains the potential risks of using fetal heart monitors.
- Recipe of the week: Food Network’s roasted turkey and basil cream cheese pinwheel sandwiches can be made ahead of time, and the kids can help.
- Laugh of the week: The Onion investigates in this video: “Can A Mother Actually Lift A Car If Her Child Is Trapped Under It?”
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We offered advice on how to navigate Los Angeles as part of Corporette’s City Guide series, including where to stay, eat, and play, as well as safety tips.
- We shared a new resource, Work Wardrobe Essentials, and we asked readers for their advice to recent graduates building their own work wardrobes.
- We provided tips to ace an online video interview — from what you should have on hand, to what you can do to practice ahead of time.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to email@example.com. Thank you!