Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
- A Racked writer explains how “the beauty industry generally takes Gen X for granted.”
- Working Mother looks at the benefits and problems of being a breadwinning working mom.
- Working Mother also has workout tips for busy working moms.
- Meanwhile, here’s a telling article from The Miami Herald: “Despite working at nearly double the rate of their grandmothers, 21st-century moms still shoulder more of the drudgery of child-rearing and report time with their children as more tiring and stressful than it is for fathers.”
- Quartz reports on the no-babies policy at TEDWomen.
- Society6 asked some successful “LA-based creatives” to describe their sleep habits.
- A mom writes for The Washington Post’s On Parenting about how strangers are always worried about her daughter’s safety when she’s running, climbing, and just being a kid.
- The New York Times’ Well Family has an article about the value of teaching kids the actual names — not nicknames or euphemisms — for their private parts.
- The blogger behind Science of Mom writes about the AAP’s new recommendations for safe sleep.
- A Hellobee blogger shares 11 tips for traveling with kids.
- Romper reviews the usual backhanded compliments given to working moms.
Do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- Kat shared her picks from the Nordstrom Fall Clearance Sale.
- We talked about Working Girl and wearing booties at the office.
- We discussed executive presence for women leaders.
- We took a look back into Corporette history.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!