This post may contain affiliate links and CorporetteMoms may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- The Wall Street Journal’s At Work blog takes a look at a new report on working mothers that Ancestry.com compiled from U.S. Census data. One tidbit: in 1860, 7.5% of mothers in the U.S. worked outside of the home.
- The Miami Herald shares suggestions from working moms on helpful apps they use to save time and make day-to-day life a little bit easier.
- University of London researchers have discovered that “baby brain” may exist. (MAY exist? Have these researchers been pregnant?), says the Telegraph.
- And speaking of baby brain… how about “MOM brain”? Hello Ladies looks at a new findings from researchers in Israel about “invisible tasks.”
- Hellobee suggests several toys that help preschoolers learn and develop without any workbooks or flashcards.
- PopSugar Smart Living rounds up some Mother’s Day freebies and deals — from Amazon to Shutterfly to Starbucks.
Make sure to check out this week’s news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We wished Corporette a happy sixth birthday!
- Have you heard about the “On the Counter” section of Lands’ End? If you’re looking for major discounts on clothes for you and your kid(s), you must check it out.
- A reader wondered how to make a decision when you’re at a career crossroads.
- We talked about eliminating VPL — lots of suggestions in the comments!
- Another thing to avoid? Professional frump. (Is this more common with maternity clothes, do you think?)