Here I go again on the virtues of the shirtdress. This black one from Thakoon has some outstanding details.
This (machine washable!) dress has all the traditional features of a button-front style, including cinched cuffs and a rounded hem. However, the maxi length and smocked waist set it apart from your typical shirtdress.
Wear it with a heeled shoe to balance out the length and add a colorful necklace or silk scarf for a finishing touch.
Thakoon’s Solid Smocked Waist Maxi Dress is $225 and comes in sizes 0–12. It’s also available in a blue-and-white striped version. Here are two more options with additional sizes from White House Black Market ($150) and Banana Republic Factory ($43.99).
Looking for other washable workwear? See all of our recent recommendations for washable clothes for work, or check out our roundup of the best brands for washable workwear.
This post contains affiliate links and CorporetteMoms may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Sales of Note…
(See all of the latest workwear sales at Corporette!)
- Nordstrom – Dresses, sweaters, boots, and more, up to 60% off!
- Ann Taylor – Extra 50% off all sale styles plus an extra 20% off; $30 off full-price pants, denim, and skirts
- Banana Republic Factory – 50% off everything plus extra 15% off $125+
- Brooks Brothers – End of season sale, up to 70% off
- Dermstore – Last chance sale (through 1/31) – take an EXTRA 10% off existing markdowns (including the ones 50% off) with code
- Eloquii – 40% off original ticket styles; extra 40% off all sale
- J.Crew – Extra 60% off sale styles
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 60% off everything; extra 60% off clearance
- Lands’ End – Up to 60% off your order
- Talbots – Semi-annual Red Door sale! Extra 50% off all markdowns
- Zappos – 24,000+ sale items (for women)! Check out these reader-favorite workwear brands on sale, and some of our favorite kid shoe brands on sale.