Here I go again on the virtues of the shirtdress. This black one from Thakoon has some outstanding details.
This (machine washable!) dress has all the traditional features of a button-front style, including cinched cuffs and a rounded hem. However, the maxi length and smocked waist set it apart from your typical shirtdress.
Wear it with a heeled shoe to balance out the length and add a colorful necklace or silk scarf for a finishing touch.
Thakoon’s Solid Smocked Waist Maxi Dress is $225 and comes in sizes 0–12. It’s also available in a blue-and-white striped version. Here are two more options with additional sizes from White House Black Market ($150) and Banana Republic Factory ($43.99).
Looking for other washable workwear? See all of our recent recommendations for washable clothes for work, or check out our roundup of the best brands for washable workwear.
This post contains affiliate links and CorporetteMoms may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Sales of Note…
- Nordstrom – Designer clearance!
- Carter’s – Up to 50% off dresses, sandals, sleep & more
- Banana Republic Factory – 50% off everything
- J.Crew – Up to 50% off summer styles; extra 50% off sale styles; extra 50% off all swim
- Loft – 50% off 1 full-price item; 30% off full-price styles; extra 50% off sale styles
- J.Crew Factory – Extra 15% off $100 and 20% off $125; $10 deals; extra 50% off clearance
- BuyBuyBaby – 15% off 1 item; 40% off Primary clothing; 15% off select Delta Toy Story furniture; amazing values on travel gear
- Old Navy – Up to 50% off kids’ sale (styles from $4); 25% off your order, even clearance
- Zappos – 42,000 sale items (for women)! Try this link for some of the reader-favorite workwear brands on sale, and this link for some of our favorite kid shoe brands on sale.
- Ann Taylor – 40% off $250+, 30% off $150, 25% off $100
- Talbots – 30% off all markdowns plus extra 15% off