Here I go again on the virtues of the shirtdress. This black one from Thakoon has some outstanding details.
This (machine washable!) dress has all the traditional features of a button-front style, including cinched cuffs and a rounded hem. However, the maxi length and smocked waist set it apart from your typical shirtdress.
Wear it with a heeled shoe to balance out the length and add a colorful necklace or silk scarf for a finishing touch.
Thakoon’s Solid Smocked Waist Maxi Dress is $225 and comes in sizes 0–12. It’s also available in a blue-and-white striped version. Here are two more options with additional sizes from White House Black Market ($150) and Banana Republic Factory ($43.99).
Looking for other washable workwear? See all of our recent recommendations for washable clothes for work, or check out our roundup of the best brands for washable workwear.
This post contains affiliate links and CorporetteMoms may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Sales of Note…
(See all of the latest workwear sales at Corporette!)
- Nordstrom – 8,000 new markdowns for women
- Saks Fifth Avenue – Designer sale, up to 70% off!
- Neiman Marcus – Last Call Summer Sale! Save up to 75%
- Old Navy – 30% off your order
- J.Crew – Extra 30% off sale styles
- Loft – 50% off $250; 30% off $100; 20% off $50
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 50% off everything; all jeans $49.95; extra 15% off tops, shirts & shoes
- Zappos – 48,000 sale items (for women)! Check out these reader-favorite workwear brands on sale, and some of our favorite kid shoe brands on sale.
- Ann Taylor – Extra 30% off all sale styles; $50 off dresses & jackets