This post may contain affiliate links and CorporetteMoms may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
- U.S. News & World Report reported that vaccination exemptions for kindergarteners increased during the 2022–2023 school year to the highest level ever reported, according to the CDC.
- Fortune (no paywall via MSN News) noted that a new survey of UK working parents led to an estimate that “249,124 working mothers in Britain have left their jobs, with ‘outdated and toxic attitudes around motherhood’ and childcare pressures forcing them to choose between a demotion or leaving the workforce altogether.”
- A Mighty Girl gave advice on how parents can help girls express anger in healthy ways and highlighted the book Rage Becomes Her: The Power of Women’s Anger by Soraya Chemaly.
- Romper spoke to a veterinary behaviorist about what to do if your dog or cat is stressed out by your baby or toddler.
- Parents provided tips on helping your child wake up for school.
- ABC News shared that Barbie is honoring Wilma Mankiller, the first female principal chief of the Cherokee Nation, with a new doll.
- WIRED noted that while every state takes pinpricks of blood from newborns to test for diseases, New Jersey stores them for decades — and now parents are suing.
- TODAY featured some moms’ funny responses to a young TikToker’s remark that her bodysuit-shorts-heels combo made her feel like a mom picking up her kids from school.
- Your Laugh of the Week comes from The Belladonna, with “An Honest Period Tracking App.”
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We rounded up classic sweaters for work.
- We looked back at past Corporette posts, including leaving social media and lottery daydreams.
- We listed Election Day resources.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to email@example.com. Thank you!