This post may contain affiliate links and CorporetteMoms may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
- The Cut looked at framing the conversation about affordable childcare around wellness.
- U.S. News & World Report reported that new review of 45 studies found that mothers working for companies with generous parental leave policies were less likely to experience symptoms of depression, poor mental health, psychological distress, burnout, or to require mental health care.
- The Washington Post reported that more schools across the country have installed security cameras, added locks inside classrooms, and ramped up many other security measures.
- The New York Times reported on a new survey that found that 35% of parents oppose requirements that children receive routine immunizations in order to attend school.
- Parents looked at what open adoption is really like.
- NBC News reported that the AAP has updated its recommendations on childhood obesity for the first time in 15 years, including medication and surgery for the first time.
- Romper shared how to talk to your kids about porn.
- The Washington Post explained how theater classes can benefit kids.
- Your Laugh of the Week comes from McSweeney’s, with “Here Are a Few Things I’d Rather You Didn’t Say During My C-Section.”
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We rounded up fake collars for layered work outfits (aka dickies).
- We looked back at past Corporette posts, including at-home strength training programs and how to feel more comfortable in your own skin.
- We updated our guide to the best made-to-measure clothing for women.
- We talked about the best new skills to learn for your career.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to [email protected]. Thank you!