This post may contain affiliate links and CorporetteMoms may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
- The 19th looked at the future of paid family and sick leave in the U.S.
- Politico noted that parents of babies who suffered illnesses potentially caused by contaminated formula are “convinced that the formula crisis was more extensive than industry leaders and federal health officials have determined.”
- NPR reported that members of the military will now get 12 weeks of parental leave.
- The Washington Post shared how to help a child whose sibling’s illness has consumed the family.
- Romper explained how to parent a child who cries over everything.
- A New York Times tech reporter lamented the discontinuation of the “Bright Starts Beaming Buggie Take-Along Toy” and delved into toy trends.
- Speaking of toys, Parents noted that American Girl has created its first South Asian American doll, Kavika (“Kavi”) Sharma.
- ABC News (the Australian one) highlighted the “literary treasure hunt craze” that kids are enjoying in a town in New South Wales, Australia. It was inspired by the Book Fairies project in NYC and Long Island.
- Your Laugh of the Week comes from McSweeney’s, with “Excerpts from The Berenstain Bears & Too Much Endemic Respiratory Illness.”
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- The Hunt featured stylish petite suits.
- We listed personal finance tasks to do ASAP in a new year.
- We rounded up our New Year’s resolution posts.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to email@example.com. Thank you!