Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
- The Wall Street Journal reported that Gen X women reported the sharpest rise in loneliness during the pandemic in a survey of 1,000 adults.
- Your Local Epidemiologist noted that the COVID-19 vaccine does not impact fertility.
- The 19th looked at the unique challenges of legislators who are mothers.
- The Cut featured Jen Psaki in their latest interview in their series “How I Get It Done.”
- The Huffington Post talked to artist Mary Catherine Starr about her recent Instagram post “An Illustrated Guide To The Double Standards Of Parenting” regarding moms vs. dads.
- The Atlantic took a look at how Sesame Street is handling the pandemic.
- Disability Scoop noted that new children’s books about kids with autism, visual impairment, and other disabilities were recognized by the American Library Association this week.
- The Washington Post shared that New Mexico’s governor will pitch in as a volunteer substitute teacher.
- Your Laugh of the Week comes from McSweeney’s, with “The Nine Months of Pregnancy, Ranked from Worst to Best.”
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We shared readers’ tips on how to feel comfortable in your own skin.
- We rounded up weatherproof booties for work outfits.
- In the latest post in our This or That series, we talked about color vs. going gray.
- We looked back at past Corporette posts, including short makeup routines, seven brands offering eco-friendly workwear, and tips for organizing under the sink.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to [email protected]. Thank you!