Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
- The Washington Post explained why it’s hard to fall asleep and provided tips to make it easier.
- Bloomberg reported on the shortage of vaccinated nannies, babysitters, and daycare workers.
- The Cut commented on the dearth of information on the safety of taking antidepressants during pregnancy.
- The Washington Post looked at the severe staff shortages at schools around the country.
- Meanwhile, CNN highlighted how the childcare hiring crisis is closing programs and keeping parents out of the workforce.
- Romper explained why the holidays can cause kids’ tantrums — and gave tips on preventing them.
- Quartz shared how to teach kids empathy.
- Fast Company offered tips on making friends as a working adult.
- Frommer’s listed the safest places to travel in 2022, from the most peaceful to the cleanest water to the safest for pedestrians.
- Parents featured a website called Cheer Map that shows you the best Christmas light displays in your neighborhood.
- Your Laugh of the Week comes from McSweeney’s, with “Due to Supply-Chain Issues, Mommy Will Be Unable to Fill Your Order.”
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We talked about planning vacations for 2022.
- We rounded up the best dress pants for winter.
- We discussed some dating red flags.
- We looked back at past Corporette posts, including the skinny vs. bootcut debate and end-of-year career goals and assessments.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!