Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
- The Washington Post looked at the growing shortage of childcare workers.
- Meanwhile, Bloomberg shared how the childcare crisis “became a global economic fiasco.”
- Above the Law published an essay by a mom who wrote that modern feminism has failed mothers.
- TIME looked at how COVID is making some moms feel more pressure to breastfeed.
- PBS NewsHour looked into how to make middle school better.
- The Washington Post suggested what to say when your kids tell you school is boring.
- Today’s Parent explored babywearing, cultural appreciation, and cultural appropriation.
- Romper shared a piece called “It’s Time to Retire the Phrase ‘Working Mom.'”
- Parents reported that American Girl has released a “World by Us” doll and line of books to promote equality.
- Your Laugh of the Week comes from The Belladonna, from our own Kate: “Boys And Girls Are So Different — It’s Like My Son Is Literally Another Species.”
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We (and the readers) talked about small purchases that make us happy.
- The Hunt rounded up statement necklaces for work.
- We looked back at past Corporette posts, including zero-waste cleaning products and doing a wardrobe revamp.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to email@example.com. Thank you!