Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
- Fast Company suggested five ways to ask your boss for more flexibility at work.
- Law.com stated, “Big Law’s working parents are hurting. Money is not the answer.”
- The Washington Post provided six strategies for parents struggling with work-from-home interruptions.
- Harper’s Bazaar published an essay by a mom who wondered why she so closely follows “momfluencers.”
- Meanwhile, Vox’s The Goods described the “social media meltdown” sparked by a popular mom influencer’s Trump campaign donations.
- Teen Vogue talked to teachers who say they’ve either felt unsupported or have faced backlash for using course materials seen as inappropriate or too progressive.
- The New York Times rounded up the best podcasts for kids 2–6.
- Wirecutter shared advice from outdoor-school teachers on how to play outside more this winter.
- CNN offered tips on guiding gender-atypical kids through puberty.
- Runner’s World explained what should parents look for in a pair of kids’ shoes.
- Your Laugh of the Week comes from McSweeney’s, with “AITAs for Parents of Young Children.”
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We asked readers about their favorite loungewear.
- We talked about “invisible furniture”: the unwritten rules in your office.
- We shared a Personal Money Snapshot from a 34-year-old solo lawyer and mom of three.
- We gave advice on how to work from your bed.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to email@example.com. Thank you!