Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
Coronavirus-Related News & Resources
- Vox looked at what we’ve learned so far from school reopenings in the U.S.
- The Huffington Post advised how to talk to a hiring manager about being laid off or furloughed because of COVID-19.
- The Washington Post explained how a pandemic pod could help you get through the winter.
In Other News…
- Fast Company noted that Hyundai has partnered with six fashion brands to create a sustainable capsule collection.
- Above the Law explored maternal gatekeeping and the lawyer mom.
- Vogue reported on a new study that found that when fathers are given the flexibility to take time off work after their children are born, it improves the postpartum health and well-being of mothers. (You don’t say!)
- Consumer Reports announced its findings that least 28 infant deaths are linked to nursing cushions and lounging pads.
- Elle talked to Sen. Tammy Duckworth about the expansion of her Friendly Airports for Mothers Act, which requires airports in the U.S. to have private spaces in every terminal for mothers to pump.
- The Washington Post shared seven quick, make-ahead lunch options for kids doing remote learning.
- The Los Angeles Times featured Nandi Bushell, the 10-year-old drummer who challenged Dave Grohl to a viral drum battle (which she is winning).
- Your Laugh of the Week comes from McSweeney’s: “The 52 Stages of Insomnia.”
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We shared readers’ most-bought items from September 2020.
- A 27-year-old aerospace engineer in Denver, CO, shared her Personal Money Snapshot.
- We talked about whether you should friend your boss on social media.
- Auntie M recapped the first episode of the newest season of The Bachelorette.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!