Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
Coronavirus-Related News & Resources
- Lucie’s List offered tips on how to create a workspace for kids that “inspires and motivates.”
- SmartBrief on Education shared a piece by a special education teacher about special education and online learning.
- Program for Early Parent Support published a blog post by a mom who explained how early parenthood prepared her for quarantine.
- The New York Times looked at how COVID-19 precautions affect kids with OCD.
In Other News…
- Glossy looked at Instagram’s new feature, Instagram Live Shopping.
- Fast Company shared news on Nike’s new maternity line.
- USA Today reported on a new study that found that Fortune 500 companies are far likelier to provide paid leave to mothers than fathers.
- CNBC examined how employers are dealing with the childcare needs of their employees.
- TODAY published a piece by Lyz Lenz, author of the new book Belabored: A Vindication of the Rights of Pregnant Women, about how women are treated by hospital staff during childbirth.
- Politico reported on the California legislator who had to bring her newborn to the Assembly floor after being denied the opportunity to vote by proxy.
- Insider featured Crystal Walter, a Wisconsin-based artist who draws Disney princesses with diverse body types.
- Your Laugh of the Week comes from McSweeney’s, with a quiz: Are You the Worst F****** Parent?
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- The Hunt rounded up cute Zoom tops.
- We talked about coping with anxiety when you’re busy.
- We shared tips for digital journaling.
- We took a look back at previous Corporette posts, including ways to celebrate professional wins and where to keep your emergency fund.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to email@example.com. Thank you!