Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
Coronavirus-Related News & Resources
- The Wall Street Journal published an op-ed that said the pandemic is advancing the work-at-home revolution.
- The Medium Coronavirus Blog featured a piece from Andy Slavitt, who handled health care for President Obama, on what our kids will say when they grow up about adults’ handling of the pandemic.
- Cool Mom Tech rounded up nine tools that make homeschooling a little easier.
- Vox’s The Goods looked at how families are hiring private group tutors to help with — or replace — online learning.
- The Washington Post shared a teacher and education analyst’s framework for assessing the viability of school reopening policies.
- Motherly highlighted a mom’s pandemic-appropriate out-of-office message that recently went viral.
In Other News…
- Elle recommended 13 Black-owned nail brands.
- Disability Scoop noted that Stride Rite has made its first fully adaptive sneaker for disabled kids.
- Today’s Parent gave tips on tackling bedtime when you’re alone with a toddler and a baby.
- Parents suggested 11 ways to soothe a crying baby.
- For your Laugh of the Week, McSweeney’s offered Your School District’s Reopening Survey.
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We rounded up the best work-from-home desks.
- We shared the retailers with the best return policies.
- We talked about how to preserve makeup you’re not using.
- We took a look back at previous Corporette posts, including what to wear to a very casual office and where to start with curly hair (the best products and more).
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!