Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
Coronavirus-Related News & Resources
- The Lily explained five ways the pandemic could benefit working moms in the long term.
- CNN reported that new CDC guidelines strongly favor opening schools.
- The Washington Post took a look at pandemic pods, “the 2020 version of the one-room schoolhouse, privately funded.”
- At The Nation, Elie Mystal wrote, “There are literally no good options for educating our kids this fall.”
- The New York Times asked, “Is Sex Dead for Parents?
- The New York Times also spoke to several pediatricians to ask how they’re telling their children the story of the pandemic.
In Other News…
- CNET looked at what “clean” beauty means — and why brands ban certain ingredients.
- Vox shared a mom’s essay about her decision to end her long struggle with breastfeeding and buy formula.
- Today’s Parent explained what to do instead of making your kids say they’re sorry.
- Bitch noted that disability representation in children’s books has a long way to go.
- The Washington Post rounded up 14 July paperback releases that are worth reading.
- For your Laugh of the Week, McSweeney’s offered another dull quarantine weekend at home.
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We discussed favorite ways to exercise when it’s hot out.
- We recommended how to set up a great home office.
- We shared five makeup tutorials to up your eye makeup game.
- We took a look back in Corporette history.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!