Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
Coronavirus-Related News & Resources
- ProPublica explained what parents should know about coronavirus when it comes to babysitters, daycares, and camps.
- The New Yorker examined the tough decision of when to reopen schools.
- The Guardian reported on a study that showed that mothers working from home are interrupted more often than fathers. (Not exactly groundbreaking findings?)
- The New York Times shared perspectives of what it’s like for grandparents who have suddenly become primary caretakers for their grandkids.
- ICYMI: The Lily published a story that went viral this week, featuring a woman who shut down her business and laid off her employees because her husband couldn’t handle taking care of their 3-year-old son.
- The Washington Post gave advice on dealing with kids’ sleep issues.
- Parents listed free virtual summer camps worth checking out.
- ModernMom published an essay by a woman who had a miscarriage during the pandemic.
In Other News…
- Today’s Parent rounded up 27 books to help you talk to your kids about racism. (Note: It’s a Canadian publication, so the Amazon links are to amazon.ca.)
- NPR shared that The Not-Too-Late Show with Elmo aired its first episode and featured Lil Nas X and Kacey Musgraves (HBO Max).
- Your Laugh of the Week comes from McSweeney’s, which featured “Standing Agenda: Family Video Chats, May 2020 to Infinity.”
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We polled readers on who is going back to the office — and what they’re wearing.
- We also asked whether readers’ cleaning habits have changed.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!