Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
Coronavirus-Related News & Resources
- Fortune noted that 14% of women have considered quitting their jobs because of the pandemic.
- The New York Times pointed out three things that the quarantine has exposed about working and parenting.
- The New York Times also advised how to create a “screen-life balance” in this sort of situation.
- Curbed tried to answer the question “Should you be buying that online right now?”
- The Washington Post explained what it’s like to wait for an international adoption.
- NPR looked at the ways schools will be different when they reopen.
- Mater Mea suggested 10 ways to celebrate your child’s birthday during social distancing.
- At The Nation, former Above the Law executive editor Elie Mystal wrote, “The men pushing to open the economy clearly don’t need child care.”
- The Cut shared five nannies’ stories of what it’s like to work during coronavirus.
- Vox explained the importance of having honest conversations with kids about the pandemic.
In Other News…
- The New York Times recommended steps to take if you think your child might be autistic.
- The Cut listed the best 15 kids’ movies on Netflix.
- For your “Aww” of the Week: My Modern Met told the origin story of Betty the Weather Cat.
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We discussed how to calculate your emergency fund.
- We shared where to find the best masks for coronavirus and where to donate.
- We looked at the major retailers that are in danger of closing because of coronavirus.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to email@example.com. Thank you!