Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
Coronavirus-Related News & Resources
- Scary Mommy reminded us that we’re not homeschooling, we’re crisis schooling.
- Vox shared a comic that looks at the difficulties of adult friendships — during the pandemic and in general.
- The Washington Post provided advice on helping an only child during this time of social isolation.
- The Atlantic published an opinion piece that urged parents to take charge of their kids’ schooling.
- The New York Times offered tips for helping kids who are scared of face masks.
- CNN interviewed Ada Calhoun, author of Why We Can’t Sleep: Women’s New Midlife Crisis, about the pandemic’s effect on Gen X women, while NBC News reported on the huge impact on working moms.
- Above the Law shared a piece from a lawyer and father who’s learned to appreciate the background noise of working from home.
- New York Times columnist Farhad Manjoo wrote about his family’s quarantine experience.
- FYI, Common Sense Media has a whole page of helpful coronavirus resources for families.
In Other News…
- Working Mother presented the 2020 NAFE Top 70 Companies for Executive Women.
- CNN reported that TikTok has been charged a record fine for collecting data on children.
- Vulture recommended 18 of the best podcasts for kids.
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- The Hunt rounded up the best jeans to wear to work.
- We discussed dealing with stress dreams.
- We listed 7 of our favorite tips for video conference calls.
- In the latest Personal Money Snapshot, a marketer at a small tech firm in San Francisco shared her thoughts on mortgages, travel, and retirement.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!