Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
- The Telegraph‘s fashion editor offered ways to update your wardrobe for what she called “returnity” — coming back to work after maternity leave.
- Popsugar offered different versions of the extremely versatile yet stylish “Castle Bob” haircut.
- Working Mother explained why a mom posted a photo of her child on LinkedIn to celebrate his seventh birthday.
- The Wall Street Journal suggested that companies that claim to be family-friendly really aren’t.
- The Washington Post discussed how Elizabeth Warren’s claim of pregnancy discrimination has sparked others to tweet their stories.
- The Washington Post also asked if it’s worth it to keep your child back a year from starting kindergarten, also known as “redshirting.”
- Vox reported that Kamala Harris’ proposed “Children’s Agenda” would include six months of paid parenting leave.
- Vox also expressed why the Netflix show Workin Moms’ gets it right when it comes to juggling kids and career.
- Huffington Post interviewed Dax Shepard and Kristin Bell about sober parenting.
- Today shared that Sesame Street has introduced a new character — a child in foster care who has a parent struggling with addiction.
- For your Laugh of the Week: Working Mother shared that a child interrupted his reporter mother while she was on the air, which reminded us of this BBC incident a couple of years ago.
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We shared 4 ways to make the most of your evenings.
- We continued The Hunt with classic wine-colored heels for work.
- We asked readers, what have you learned from other people’s careers?
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to email@example.com. Thank you!