Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
- Working Mother named their 100 best companies for working moms. The ABA Journal highlighted the five BigLaw firms on the 2019 list.
- The Cut shared former fashion editor Lauren Chan’s luxury clothing line, Henning, for sizes 12-24. The tagline is “Poised. Elegant. F*%^ing Brilliant.”
- StyleCaster offered the K-Beauty trends to watch for in 2020. Plus, why you can still try K-Beauty even if you choose not to do all 10 steps.
- Bustle provided three easy fall beauty tips from a Chanel makeup artist.
- Harvard Business Review considered the challenges for working parents as children get older.
- MarketWatch asked why 7 in 10 parents send their sick children to school.
- Fast Company discussed why longer school days are helpful to working mothers.
- The Washington Post asked experts how to effectively search for quality childcare.
- The Washington Post also explored how Geena Davis made children’s TV more feminist.
- Motherly explained why Michelle Williams’ speech at the Emmy Awards went viral as an inspiration to other working mothers.
- Romper shared 10 parenting lessons from the Golden Girls that hold up in 2019.
- For your Laugh of the Week: A satirical helpline for adults who just can’t even when it comes to climate change advocate — and 16-year-old girl — Greta Thunberg.
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We asked readers, what is your level of comfort with mess?
- We took a look in the Corporette time capsule.
- We continued our series The Hunt with the best sweater jackets for the office.
- We discussed how to make your office more comfortable, especially on the first day.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!