Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
- The Wall Street Journal discussed why more women prefer “power dresses” over suits.
- The Strategist provided the best shampoos for color-treated hair.
- Harvard Business Review discussed whether it’s worth it to take a lower-level job after a career break.
- The Pinkcast offered suggestions on how to be a better and saner parent.
- Today reported that adoptive moms face skepticism and hostility over maternity leave.
- CBS News explained why more parents are wearing their kids to work and while working out.
- CNBC reported how parents were spending their money this summer.
- KTLA included reactions from Moms Demand Action after several retailers have asked customers not to openly carry guns into their stores.
- Offspring explained how to set YouTube Kids’ new content filter for preschoolers.
- Self shared the 10 best pregnancy pillows.
- NPR interviewed Catherine Reitman about her show, Workin’ Moms.
- For your Aww of the Week: Motherly shared celebrity parents’ experiences of their children’s first days of school.
- For your Laugh of the Week: McSweeney’s rewrote famous opening lines for back-to-school.
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We continued our series Tales from the Wallet with a discussion on where to keep your emergency fund.
- Last week, we continued our series The Money Snapshot with a 33-year-old engineer who lives on the Gulf Coast.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to email@example.com. Thank you!