Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
- The Washington Post reported that Costco has been quietly becoming a destination for clothes.
- POPSUGAR Beauty provided examples of silver highlights, now trending on Pinterest.
- Huffington Post reported that California is set to be the first state to ban employers from discriminating based on natural hairstyles. (Video autoplays.)
- The New York Times provided an opinion from a mom who chooses her job over her children.
- She Knows provided a viral tale of a mom being fired for being late.
- Motherly reported that Oregon has just passed the country’s most generous paid family leave law.
- My Modern Met shared a photo essay of kids around the world surrounded by the food they eat.
- Scary Mommy explained how a toddler accidentally ordered a $430 couch off of Amazon.
- The Washington Post also shared how to talk to your kids about scary scenes in movies.
- For your Laugh of the Week: As you break out the ice pops, polar pops, fla-vor-ice, or whatever you call these frozen treats, McSweeney’s offers some new names for the flavors.
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We asked our readers, do you believe in intuition?
- We shared the best interview attire for different types of jobs.
- We rounded up the best brands to shop for preppy clothes.
- We asked our readers for the best interview tips.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to email@example.com. Thank you!