Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
- CNBC shared that Dressbarn is closing 650 stores (includes map).
- Writing for The Atlantic, economist Emily Oster suggested how and why we should normalize parenthood in the workplace.
- Good Morning America shared that a mother of three kids completed almost 50 tasks before she even left the house for work.
- Motherly shared that comic Amy Schumer was back on stage two weeks after giving birth — and why that’s OK.
- The Washington Post provided the real costs of breastfeeding.
- The Washington Post also reported that Michelle Pfeiffer has been lobbying Congress in support of a cosmetics safety bill.
- UN Women, via Medium, suggested how to inspire children to grow up as feminists.
- The Guardian offered how to raise children to love reading.
- Vox asked all 2020 Democratic presidential candidates how they would fix childcare issues for American working parents. Vox also asked the male candidates who was handling their childcare.
- Vogue recently started a series of videos featuring editor and fashion legend Anna Wintour, including her advice on how to dress for a job interview and her opinion on leggings.
- For your Laugh of the Week: Huffington Post shared 30 funny tweets about preschool graduations.
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We continued The Hunt with the best comfortable flats for summer.
- We shared our Nordstrom Half-Yearly Sale picks for work.
- We offered The Money Snapshot of a government worker in the Northeast.
- We introduced a Week in the Life (for Corporette), and we are seeking readers’ submissions.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to email@example.com. Thank you!