Some of the articles of interest to working mothers that we’ve seen around the web recently…
- Fashionista offered expert advice on consigning your clothes.
- Into The Gloss highlighted the makeup routine of actress and working mom June Diane Raphael.
- Ask a Manager has compiled a sortable Google spreadsheet of salaries — 26,000 and counting. (You can submit your own salary details online.)
- Smart Asset provided its fourth annual list of the best cities for working parents.
- CNBC shared that first-time moms experience a decrease in their salaries, while first-time dads receive a bump in pay; meanwhile, The New York Times explored how longer work hours have widened the gender pay gap.
- The New York Times also shared why it’s important to talk about depression before, during, and after pregnancy.
- Working Mother reported seven things working moms should know about the current measles outbreak, while The Atlantic shared advice on talking to relatives who don’t vaccinate.
- The Washington Post offered the history of “Baby on Board” signs.
- The Washington Post also suggested how even a little exercise into your routine can make a difference.
- For your Laugh of the Week: Working Mother shared 20 times kids creatively tried to outsmart their parents.
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We asked readers if they repeat vacations or try new things.
- We continued The Hunt with the best dresses for work.
- We also continued The Money Snapshot series with a tech support worker who relocated to a city with a lower cost of living.
- Kat shared what she knows about SEO.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!