- Chicago Sun Times reported that Tammy Duckworth was the first U.S. senator to give birth while in office.
- Refinery29 shared why you should add powder blue clothing and accessories to your spring wardrobe.
- Ask a Manager responded to a reader question regarding a manager’s flex-time plan for an employee returning from maternity leave.
- Working Mother defined the years when having kids will hurt a woman’s future salary the most.
- Working Mother also warned against certain hashtags for pictures of your kids on social media, even if you think you have everything set on private.
- Speaking of social media, The Washington Post also provided some tips on how to be safe when it comes to posting about your family on Facebook.
- Maclean’s offered an opinion piece that suggested viral photos of bad-ass working parents may be painting a picture that it’s actually easy to bring children to the office and still be able to work.
- Parents shared a mom’s opinion about why she doesn’t feel guilty about not feeling so-called mom guilt.
- For your Laugh of the Week: McSweeney’s shared ways to forestall your child’s inevitable misery at school.
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We provided a Deal Alert: Shopbop sale.
- We discussed what to wear to law school graduation.
- We shared 14 great YouTube tutorials for updos.
- We talked about what to wear for public speaking.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!