- The Des Moines Register reported that state Rep. Megan Jones has been bringing her newborn to the Iowa Statehouse for meetings and hearings.
- Refinery 29 shared that Target has announced a partnership with Hunter, bringing exclusive versions of the brand’s rainboots, raincoats, and backpacks for the entire family.
- Refinery 29 also tested nine different concealers — from super-luxe to ultra-affordable formulas — and pronounced a clear winner.
- The Strategist shared the best undereye concealers.
- The Strategist also asked a child psychologist to review the Toy Association’s winners of the Toy of the Year Awards.
- Working Mother provided results of a new study that found working moms with no resume gap were three times as likely to get a job interview than stay-at-home moms.
- Harvard Business Review shared why Walmart expanded its parental leave policy, and explained how you can convince your company to do the same.
- NPR’s Marketplace reported that 40 years after the Pregnancy Discrimination Act, many employers still don’t follow the law.
- MSN offered 10 tricks to fall back asleep at night.
- ProPublica reported on a groundbreaking study that offers new evidence that empowering midwives to do more could significantly boost maternal and infant health.
- For your laugh of the week, McSweeney’s shared a list of products that appeal to new moms.
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We discussed how much makeup you wear for work.
- We traveled back in the Corporette time capsule, including Do you still apply when you don’t meet the job requirements?; the best teas to wake you up, calm you down, and maybe even replace your wine; and should you friend your boss on Facebook?
- We shared the 411 on FIRE: Financial Independence/Retire Early for beginners.
- We suggested how to wear scarves to work.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to email@example.com. Thank you!