- Figure 8 Maternity has a special coupon code for CorporetteMoms readers! To get $10 of $50 storewide, use code 5265-D5P8 by 11/18/14. (Note that multiple coupons cannot be combined on the same items.)
- Pamela Druckerman (author of Bringing Up Bébé: One American Mother Discovers the Wisdom of French Parenting) writes for The New York Times about avoiding “hyperparenting.”
- The NYT reports on recent findings about mothers’ mental health during the postpartum period and beyond.
- GoGirl Finance has a piece on how financial priorities can change with the arrival of a new baby, while Business Insider advises you on what to say when your child asks, “Are we rich?”
- Healthy Child Healthy World gives you a guide to safe cookware and what materials to avoid.
- Quartz reveals the origins of the ubiquitous pink-and-blue-striped hospital baby blankets.
- Do you need a laugh on this Friday? The Toast gives you the essential guide to parenting-forum lingo, while McSweeney’s depicts a playground clash of philosophies. And one more, very appropriate for this time of year: Illustrated with Crappy Pictures tells a tale of a Man Cold (h/t to reader JJ).
Do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We talked about organizing techniques for the office.
- Kat offered some tips for dressing for Halloween at work and discussed the different “buckets” of professional clothing.
- We answered a reader question about how to look older.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!