This post may contain affiliate links and CorporetteMoms may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- In a series of tweets, ProPublica explained why Serena Williams’ harrowing postpartum experience — she nearly died after giving birth to her daughter, Olympia — is more common than many people realize. Williams also shared her story as the cover girl of the February 2018 issue of Vogue.
- Dering Hall shared 23 chic, modern family rooms.
- The Cut suggested 20 parenting books you’ll actually want to read.
- Cool Mom Picks offered its list of the best children’s books of 2017.
- The New York Times reported that you can now pay for private school using 529 college savings plans. NPR shared other changes for these plans.
- The New York Times also recommended 14 Disney and Pixar movies available on Netflix to watch with your family — until Disney starts its own streaming service in 2019.
- Brain Charm provided a few reasons why you shouldn’t wear your shoes at home.
- Recipe of the Week: Huffington Post offered five extra-fast dinner recipes for busy families. We also shared 5 Super Slow and 5 Super Fast recipes for long workdays over at Corporette.
- Laugh of the Week: The Everywhereist, otherwise known as Geraldine DeRuiter, chronicled her experience of baking the pizza cinnamon rolls from Mario Batali’s sexual misconduct apology letter.
Also, do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- We asked, Do you schedule breaks to increase your productivity at work?
- We took a look back at the Corporette time capsule, including how to set financial goals for the year, 5 multipurpose makeup items to keep at your desk, and paying down debt vs. saving.
- We shared how to stay fit in winter.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to [email protected]. Thank you!