- Racked rounds up non-itchy sweaters and asks, “Why Is It So Hard for Women of Color to Buy a Nude Bra?” (image maybe NSFW).
- The New York Times Well blog explains how to lose weight in a safe way while breastfeeding.
- Speaking of breastfeeding, Above the Law reports on “Latham & Watkin’s breast milk-shipping program, “the first of its kind among all Biglaw firms.”
- The Dallas News reports that many grandmothers today are opting out of being called “Grandma.”
- New York magazine’s The Cut shares an essay from a mother whose baby has cystic fibrosis; she struggles with how or whether to tell people the news. Also from The Cut: an essay from the mom of a 3-year-old that contains this perfect section: “Do I really want to go out on an evening when I could be with her? Of course I don’t. Of course I do.”
- Common Sense Media, which is a great resource in general, recommends 10 websites for preschoolers through high schoolers.
- Benjamin Bergen writes in the Los Angeles Times about cursing in front of you kids: “[W]hen I happen to swear around my kid, I provide some coaching. I engage him in an honest dialogue about why some words are OK in some places, but not others.”
- Last week we shared the photo of the marathoner using a hand pump while running — this week we have a photo of a “doctor who is 35 weeks pregnant and working as the team physician to a high school football team while carrying her 3-year-old daughter on her back.” (Her childcare fell through!)
Do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- Kat looked at the Friends & Family sale at Last Call and rounded up backpacks for work.
- Kat answered a reader question about how to tell your boss you’re not her personal assistant.
- We recommended six things to have at work when you’re sick.
- We took a look back into Corporette history.
Did we miss anything? Add ‘e m here, or send them to [email protected] Thank you!